Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Dug Out ...



"Every musical history of cities has a club that became emblematic of the developing scene – the Wag Club, The Torch, Erics, Shoom, The Hacienda; Bristol had the Dug Out."

My own personal memories of the Dug Out club - Park row, Bristol - sometime-1980s - stoned, drunk (sometimes dare I admit even tripping!), and up for some punk-funk-mashups .... carpet-uber-sticky .... - upstairs-room-skin-up-area - woodstock-videos - funny at the time it was one of those places you just ended up for a late night session of good music and non-threatening-vibes ... now - a place of urban-tales and long-missed-moments.. and now - a web-site - setup as part of the ongoing Electric Pavilion initiative, run out of the Watershed, Bristol ... click to relive those heady post-punk-neo-funk-DUG OUT dayz.....


2 comments:

I am not Kek-w said...

The Dug-Out was my local at one point...100yds from where I lived in 1978, just across the road and up Woodland Road. Had a few wild adventures there myself, too. Great eclectic music policy. members of The Pop Group and The Slits on the dancefloor, blahblahblah...

Dillan Paul said...

Thhanks for sharing this